Time Strategies

I have always found time management very tricky. I tend to avoid starting my work, so I read 'How to beat Procrastination by Caroline Webb to get ideas. I like her idea of visualizing how great it will be to get the job done. Identifying the first step sounds like a good move, because it can be hard to know where to start. Even reading over the assignment is the first step and will make you feel better. I use the reward idea to motivate myself like she suggests in her article. I make plans in advance to meet friends or watch a video after my work is done.
 The title of the second video '3 Seconds to Recapture Time' by Joynicole Martinez caught my attention. Spending the first 15 minutes defining the critical tasks is important as it helps prioritize. I often write a list of what has to be done and in what order before I start. She suggests practicing the art of saying 'No'. I need to do this more often when friends want to meet up and I have work to complete. Sometimes I try to do both and it rarely works out. What works for me is firstly reading over what is required and writing a list of tasks. It helps to do my work early in the morning as I'm more alert and can enjoy the rest of the day. I think the advice of working ahead is good to avoid stressing as due dates approach.

Below are some images related to time management that I enjoyed.




Comments

Popular Posts