Game Vision Statement

Introduction

"The Gem Ball" is a third person 3D game for the PC that uses the Unity engine to allow players guide a ball navigating through 3 worlds around obstacles locating and collecting precious gems as they roll along. 

Game Genre

I would describe the game as a 3D collectathon game set in a fantasy world 

Platform 

This game concept is being developed as a PC game, however, it could also work on Mac and Linux too. An internet connection is not required. 

Gameplay

The aim is to manipulate an on screen ball from a 3rd person perspective to explore fantasy worlds and gather mystical gems. The player controls the balls movement using the directional keys on the keyboard, the ball can be moved forwards, backwards, diagonally, any direction in a 2D plane. Courses are populated with various objects which exist to obstruct the player. Each course or world has a distinct visual theme. Within each of the three courses, there are a set number of gems whose location is randomized each time the player boots up the game. To clear a level, the player must collect all the mystical gems hidden within this world. 

Resources Required

The game will be constructed using the Unity engine and a PC. The prototype will be tested and refined using this programme and will be available week 7. 


 Ty the Tasmanian Tiger- image from the first title. Another collectathon game that provides inspiration for me 







Comments

  1. hi Fionn. I really enjoyed reading about your game idea. I think your blog is written very well and I like the way you have split it down into sections and made it very east to read. I wish more people would do this.

    i THINK YOUR IDEA IS REALLY GOOD AND IT SOUNDS SO FUN TO PLAY. although i DO THINK YOU MAY BE REACHING TOO FAR AND YOUR GAME MAY BECOME VERY COMPLICATED WHEN TRYING TO MAKE IT AS UNITY CAN BE A PAIN IN THE ASS TO USE.
    i THINK YOU COULD HAVE WENT INTO MORE DETAIL ABOUT HOW THE PLAYER AND HOW THEY WILL ACTUALLY CONTROL THE BALL LIKE WHAT CONTROLS THEY WILL USE.
    maybe TRY TO STICK TO ONE LEVEL AND GET THAT FULLY FUNCTIONAL AS IT IS BETTER TO HAVE ONE COMPLETE WORKING LEVEL THEN 3 LEVELS THAT HARDLY WORK RIGHT AT ALL.
    keep UP THE GREAT BLOGS
    aARON

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fionn

    This is a fantastically written Vision Statement. It is professional and informative, and makes me eager to play the game.

    I'm a big fan of platformers, and one of my favourite games growing up was Spyro 2. I was considering making a platformer myself and decided on something else, so I'm glad i will get to play one anyway when yours is finished.

    You seem to have a good plan set out, and I'm confident that you can make a highly entertaining game. Best of luck!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fionn , I loved reading your vision statement for your game. The idea for your game seems rather fun and is defiantly a game i would be excited to play.I love the idea of dodging obstacles in different course and trying not to get hit. This game excites me as i feel like i can get invested into it and can imagine myself getting into an almighty rage due to me clashing with obstacles. I was wondering if there is a limit amount of times that we can get hit before we have to restart the game. i thought what if every time you get hit you lose a life, you would have a total of 3 lives and if you lose them all you would have to restart the course. I also think if you add different skins for the ball to wear to add more creativity to the game. i'm very excited to play this game and wish you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fionn,

    I really like your game idea! The idea of controlling a ball to collect items with obstacles in the way reminds me somewhat of the Monkeyball games I used to play when I was much younger- which had really fun gameplay and challenge so I'm really looking forward to what you make of your game!
    I also really like how the gem locations are randomised every time the player plays- it adds more replayability and an element of difficulty. I like how there's different settings too and not just the same thing over and over again.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing how your game develops!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fionn
    This is a really good vision statement and I really like your idea for your game. I like the type of game your looking to make I use to play those type of games when is was a kid for example I use to play “jak” I really like the gameplay your doing for the game.
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts