Unity Tutorial 04

In this Unity tutorial we are working with the UI. To start things, we are adding a new piece of text is going to be used on the main game interface to give the player a prompt. So far, two prompts have been added into the game, with the bottom text referencing the gems needed to be collected. At this point, adding the text has been no worry and a rather easy process, hopefully the rest of the tutorial remains as such.
We continue to work on the cursor which had been started on earlier in a previous tutorial. These were little trouble, but they did look slightly off initially, so I opted to correct it and make it slightly better. Writing up the script was relatively unchallenging and should give more life to the gem. I also got to learn all about how the axes work, so for my own game, I will be sure to consider the deeper controls if needs be.
In this next tutorial, we are learning to implement and animate weapons to be used in the Unity Game. Animation is definitely a handy design tool in making out world more lively.
We started off by adding a fence into the game and then we gave it a box collider. The fences caused a degree of irritation but I was soon able to solve it.
Our weapons we will be using is an axe. I thought it was too big a unit so I shrank it down by a lot. Making the axe match up with the player controller was rather difficult to do and making the instructions give out was extra challenging.
Adding the animation I found awful I thought the instructions were too unclear and I found following alongside it to be more stress than its worth. I probably won't do something so elaborate.
In this last tutorial, I am adding layers. I found adding the new layer easy enough to perform. Not entirely certain if I will use them myself, but they sound handy to prevent dipping.

 The Axe added into Unity

Comments

Popular Posts