Unity Tutorial 02

In this tutorial, I am first learning how to implement a sound object. Personally I am excited to learn all about audio as the sounds really will help add to the overall feel and the life of the game. Learning about how to add FX to the game will hopefully be very exciting as well and improve the game further. I ran into a small issue regarding the gem sound as my script had the "P" in play set to lowercase I also forgot to set the box collider to be a trigger, however this was a quick fix and stopped me kicking the gem around like a beach ball.
To further populate the world, water is introduced for the first time too and I am pretty excited to try it out in the world. Regretfully I have found implementing the water to be unreasonably hard to implement and I am struggling to make it. Using the Ctrl Alt D (I assume that is correct I had a slight issue hearing the video somewhat)command to copy is very frustrating to use. Adding the rock textures and the wall need no comment as they were stress free, soft shadows were swapped for harder shadows.
For the second tutorial, we have been hinted at the UI system and that later on it will be a very valuable asset to us. So that to me at least is pretty exciting to find out. We also learned about Raycasting and I thought it was rather easy to follow, it really helped with the game and I may very well use it for myself.

- The water in the game world having been added in.

 - The new wall added into Unity


Comments

Popular Posts