Unity Tutorial 03

This time on Unity, we are learning how to implement a clock into our games. I never knew a physical working clock could be added into a game. Learning that a cylinders collision is actually based on capsule collision stood out as particularly surprising as I thought it would be its own unique collider for the shape.
Adding more of the numbers to the clock is rather tough, due to the rotation commands and finding the specific instructions layed out rather tough to understand. It was at this moment I was wishing this was simply a video like previous tutorials.
It doesn't get much more easier sadly, understanding the parent system in Unity feels like a colossal feat to accomplish when it comes to building the clocks arms. I feel as if every thing has been done wrong and may lead to issues in how the clock may function.
However, through some miracle I was finally able to complete the clock and make it all work. Does that mean the task was good? Well, it was incredibly stressful for definite, but I am thrilled I finally overcame the challenge and came out of it all on top. I am hoping in the future for better fortunes with crafting objects of a similar nature

 The clock itself finally completed

 The clock in action on Unity. 

Comments

Popular Posts