Feedback Thoughts

The first article I read was 'Why Rejection Hurts So Much" by Guy Winch. He starts off by explaining that due to social media including dating apps we have a much larger social circle today so are even more likely to feel rejected by people.
All rejection hurts no matter what it is. The writer blames our selves for this damage as rejection causes us to become self hating or critical. He gives advice on how to limit the damage of rejection. Avoid taking it personally, think about what you could do differently, and list your positive qualities are very helpful advice.
In the second reading 'Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head' by Sabina Nawaz. The writer argues that listening to critical voices inside our heads is leading to depression, isolation and prevents us from achieving our goals. He suggests that to silence the voices we need to look for the positive, ask 'What did I do well?'  not "What did I do wrong". Be sure to hear the positive, don't make excuses, believe the positive feedback! She says you should allow five positive voices to each one negative voice inside your head. I enjoyed this article and think the advice is useful and easy to practice. Some of the most productive feedback I have received is from people I respect, who want me to do better. These people are usually very positive in their outlook and know what they are talking about. I find it difficult to take feedback from people who are constantly critical, who don't recognize effort or growth. In these circumstances I become annoyed and self critical and don't improve.




Comments

Popular Posts