Unity Tutorial 6

Well now... let's jump at it? If couldn't tel from my pitiful attempt to be clever today we are going to be building yet another game based on Unity tutorials. I'm going to enjoy this one I bet. Now then, what's the story in Balamory wouldn't you like to know? This time we need to craft a game that's a sort of endless running game that involves taking control of a character in eternal running speed (presumably they caught pirating DVD's and have been caught) but on the way, has to jump over these spawning fences. The game will end once they trip up on a fence. Do I hear Dinosaur jumping over a cactus game? Yeah I hear it. Putting aside the numerous other games I have known about and played for years this task was by no means an easy task but I wouldn't say bordered on impossible either. It still had its absolute brutal frustrations but I would more say it falls down to human error on my part. Anyway once all the assets were loaded I began piece in the different parts of the game and inserting the scripts. One of the more new things that could be done was animations. I have done animations before, but that was more for obstacles that needed to have the animations inserted into them, due to this being an asset package however with various different elements already implemented into it, all that needed to be done was to connect each part of the animations to the characters and voila a working animated character. Eat your heart out Walt Disney. Now then about that human error well... I completely messed up the SpawnManager, in that I accidentally wrote the entire code intended for the PlayerController into the exact wrong script

 - You can say that again

So there I was flipping my lid trying to determine why I just went completely wrong and then I realize my own game code is completely in the wrong spot. Way to go me. After that everything else went by smoother and thank goodness to, the magnitude of such an error is borderline comedic travesty. Here's hoping lightning doesn't strike twice. 

 - Oh no look out for that fen- annnnd now she died well done "master gamer"


Comments

Popular Posts