Unity Tutorial 8

Remember when Fionn used to post about Unity? Yeah me neither what a nonce. Okay so I've been missing a week from this whole Unity shindig and now I am back, ready to pounce again at this activity. Anyways,  this week I am doing two different Unity activities: concluding the jumpy runny person game that rips off the dinosaur version Chrome offers on dead internet and a challenge (I bet all two people in the world are thrilled to read that I will be covering the ordeal of challenges again).

But first, what's new with the last game we covered? Turns out in this part we are going to be adding particle effects and sound effects. The reason we are adding them in is to give the game more life and improve the experience of playing it by extension. I have used sound before for The Gem Ball, the sound effects and music helped significantly boost the game's appeal for myself and helped allow the game to be more exciting to play. Particles are interesting, for one thing I was considering them at one point for my own game anytime the player picked up a gem it would explode possibly in a green glitter of sorts, or even as effects in the snow world. Sadly they didn't work there but now I know the reason: you have to attach them to actual game objects and not dump them in the game view. The tutorial itself was very straightforward, nothing to unexpected or complicated cropped up, although I did get a weird occurrence of the Unity player pausing anytime I clicked the jump button, I then played it again a few more times but then it just mysteriously stopped doing it. Feels like one of those glitches in the matrix honestly.

Its now time to go into detail about the test and yeah its another really bad one. Why are these tests so flawed? The test itself is always asking you to do something that's beyond what was originally given. Ranting aside, the game this time is about controlling a balloon and trying to avoid the bombs and collect the...money? Okay so pick ups weren't covered at all till this point so that was the first red flag, secondly the instructions were terrible. I don't think this is me struggling to process the information honestly, I just feel like these hints given out don't make a single lick of sense. There's this one instruction about finding the misspelling apparently present in the code with the string that's causing the spawn manager to not work, I'm now convinced that's just to throw everyone off and not to actually help anyone because no matter what ways I spelled, no matter how often I looked back in the code, nothing worked.

And today I just looked it up and apparently.... I don't have to do any of this! Its all apparently been cancelled. Meaning I have been faffing about with this stupid test for nothing.

Brilliant

 -"Wake me up, wake me up inside I can't wake up, wake me up in save me..."

 - Oh and I suppose here's your Unity screenshot thingy. I just can't. 





Comments

Popular Posts