Reading 3

This week I started my research. Firstly I researched the definitions for the key words 'Challenge', 'fun', 'game' and 'hierarchy' since all these words are in the topics I hope to research. My research questions is 'Can a game be fun without a hierarchy of challenge?'
These definitions as they relate to my topics I have kept in a notepad document. I did an online search concentrating and have collated a number of resources which I have listed in the review matrix. To see which of these sources are useful I used the three pass method. I liked the idea of scanning the source quickly to see if I would read it again. Using this method I decided some of the articles were of no use to me and did not waste lots of time on them.
I found that reading each article a second time in more detail to grasp the content was difficult for me as I am not used to active reading. It is useful to make notes at the sides to help me focus as suggested. I did not get to do the third read through on these articles yet, but have selected a few to read a third time. I think this is a goo way of deciding which articles are useful to me, but I will need a lot of practice to get good at critical reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts