Reading 4

This week I am starting to analyse my research articles. My topics are 'making games fun' and 'hierarchy of challenge' so my research articles concentrate on gameplay. I tried to identify common topics/themes in my reviews using the link provided. To do this, I read the texts again and highlighted sections that provided tips on what makes games fun.  One common theme is that there is no one answer as to what makes games fun. The idea of providing challenges, rewards and allowing characters to evolve are common in lots of my research as to what makes games fun. I think it is helpful to have identified these common ideas. I found more resources online and have ordered some from the library that I think will be useful. I found out I don't have enough resources on the notion of challenge so I am collecting more on this. I have started to write out a draft outline, but it needs a lot more work.
 - Additional resources I am analyzing for the project.

Comments

Popular Posts