Unity Tutorial 04

Old McDonald had a farm, eieio and on that farm he had shot his wife for sleeping with the neighbour....

EIEIO!

In case you can't decipher yet today we will discussing my feelings on the Unity tutorial involving a top shooter game themed around...the beach! No the farm of course you big silly goose, sadly this game is not Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball and chickens don't live on the beach.

So whats the gist? Well this time I need to create a top down shooting game themed around farm life. Apparently according to the description we seemingly need to feed rampaging animals foods to shove them off, the food in question being...pizza? Sure we'll roll with it.

During this task I need to create not one but four different scripts: one to control the player, another for launching the pizza, a script that deals with how the animals will spawn out and finally a script that straight up destroys the objects when they reach the end of the screen, nifty.

The usual shindig of populating the game with objects and the like is not worth discussing as that went by uneventful but the scripts were certainly a bother. I cannot pinpoint to you exactly a moment I got stuck with (I really didn't) no the problem came about because my spelling abilities seemingly flew right out the window. The amount of errors I made script writing and noticing I have made an error was absolutely rampant to say the least. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Unity is ruthless when it comes to misspellings. Unity knows where you live and will seek you out and slaughter you should you slip up.

On a more positive note this game was far more pleasant to cope with then the airplane game which I will hopefully not need to acknowledge much in the future and I was able to complete everything in a relatively short time. Here's hoping in next week's episode of Dragonball Z I can complete it with such good fortunes as today.

 - Young Farmer Girl T Poses to assert doinance

 - This Blogger post has been brought to you by Spider Man 2

 - Look at all those animals. On a side note, would they not at all be horrified to discover they all make up parts of a pizza?

Comments

Popular Posts