Unity Tutorial 05

Old McDonald had a farm, eieio and on that farm he had an absolutely brutal Unity tutorial that drove me to the brink of despair.... EIEIO!

Yeah as you might have guessed we're back with more of the Unity tutorial stuff you have been reading about presumably for the last who knows how many weeks now. Anyhow before I go into the absolute torture of getting my work correct let's breakdown what needed to be done this week: Continuing on from last episode we had to make a top down farm shooter, do you remember how I was saying what a pushover it was? Well the god's have chose to smite Fionn for such arrogance cause this week it involved creating both a new spawn spot for the animals and then also a script to destroy the foul creatures once they got pizza in the face. Seems standard I'm sure, but the really kicker was executing everything. One of the biggest obstacles I encountered without a cloud of doubt was the colliders and triggers refusing to work. Even though I had written all my code correctly and THOROUGHLY examined the video many times to be absolutely sure I had everything written out correctly or added into Unity it refused to work. I was completely spellbound, what on earth was going wrong? What did I miss? Then all of a sudden: The colliders and everything started to work, I genuinely don't know why I really really don't it just suddenly worked, I didn't anything really different to fix the game everything suddenly worked like it was meant to and I had a full working game. On a smaller note my randomizer was only ever going down one line, I had to return to a previous part to discover I did indeed miss a small part of code I thought was there to have things appear on all lines. Well thank goodness we have fixed that cause now we have a challenge and needless to say after the first one I am not looking forward to it one bit. Ugh.

 -Well I'm not sure what to post here so here's more farmer dominance assertion


Actually that wasn't too terrible. Compared to that flipping plane from last time this one was far easier. This time I need to create a game involving playing fetch with a dog. Really the instructions for this one just made a greater deal of sense, whereas before everything was far too cryptic to decipher and just all around painful this was far more straightforward. Its almost as if they really did think the plane game was too difficult and responded with a much more pleasant game to work (or at least something somewhat close to the excercise from before). I will honestly say the only truly hard part was the destroy object since I have a bad grasp with x and y graphing so it took me a while to figure out and I wasn't sure where I was going wrong but once I did I was thrilled. Finally, some weeb boi has outfoxed Unity at its own game. I went in with zero confidence and I came out the winner. Feels great to end this post on a high note.

 - Its raining cats and balls. Hope they remember to wash those ones.
 - Doggymon, I choose you!







Comments

Popular Posts