Unity Free Tutorial

Today, I have decided to tackle a Unity tutorial offered to me and the rest of the year. For myself, I opted to choose the Jimmy Vegas tutorial #0023/ Most of it involves things like scene management which I already know okay, but what I really wanted was how to do a 'Game Over' screen I have yet to add a Game Over to my game so this tutorial sounds ideal.
Setting up the Game Over Screen to show when time runs out was no trouble with regards to writing it out and creating as a new scene. At this point giving each of my new scenes new names would be best as I have now been adding them to the scenes in the build settings. With this it will be easier to identify them in the builder once it comes around.
I am not gonna lie, this is an amazing tutorial, not only did I get it on my first attempt but I also managed to make it work exactly as I wished for it to work. Having seen it for myself, I now know I want to edit my "You Win" in a similar fashion. Which is just what I did, I decided to edit the original you win screen to transition to an entirely new scene with the "You Win" with a turquoise background behind it. I'm delighted with this effect I've created and feel surprised how easy it was to implement. It almost annoys me how so simple it ended up being. Blooming daft of me.

For anyone else who wishes to follow the link click here

 Screenshot from the Jimmy Vegas tutorial. He goes into details about other elements in this video too so those may be worth considering for yourselves. Good boy Jimmy. 


Comments

Popular Posts