Unity Free Tutorials

More Unity? You bet, I reckon you must be sick of it by now. Anyways, today I am going to be detailing my events of the Unity tutorial for how to create a start menu in Unity.
I started by adding in the text, courtesy of a new text box the games offered to me, it looks great and helped make the game come alive. I also added in buttons to help the game select the ability to play the game. I have also tried to make a second menu for the game, but the buttons do not want to interact. Its also causing a lot of problems in my game and making things really bad. Eventually, I was able to detect the problem. For whatever reason, I placed the scene number in double quotations, this caused the game to experience loading issues. Due to issues regarding level's menu buttons, I have decided to re attempt them. Eventually, I got there (and thank the powers of David Hasselhoff's meaty abs too.)
After the menu fiasco I encountered yet another woe. Hello... lights? Where did you go? Turns out this problem is very common, whenever you play your games through scene transitions, lighting becomes an issue. "Baking" as its referred to is how the lighting generates in the game field. Not a problem through single scenes if you test there, but with scenes its very different. Odd, I might mention how you solve it (or at least how I did) in another post.

 At last, a beautiful menu for all to admire. 

Comments

Popular Posts